Piccalino's Restaurant Review

foodcritic

LOL - my god, I would have been outraged.

I'm guessing you one of those customers that thinks the staff in a restaurant should be your personal slaves for the night, "Could you unfold my napkin for me ?", "Could you floss my teeth for me ?", then at the end of the meal you claim the service was terrible and don't leave a tip.

I tipped around 15% BTW

I just think the napkin comment was a bit petty and pretentious, a case of finding falult for the sake of it. 99% of people wouldn't have cared let alone commented on it in a review.

It's attention to detail Nick. In a service industry detail is THE most important thing be it FOH or BOH. Detail is everything.

It's attention to detail Nick. In a service industry detail is THE most important thing be it FOH or BOH. Detail is everything.

It's nitpicking in an attempt to find something to complain about and make out you're some kind of refined diner who is genuinely offended by such behaviour.

It's all very Frasier & Niles Crane, who take themselves far too seriously, the result is very funny.

I just think the napkin comment was a bit petty and pretentious, a case of finding falult for the sake of it. 99% of people wouldn't have cared let alone commented on it in a review.

What about the 1%, Hope you're not in business. That's a careless attitude.

It's nitpicking in an attempt to find something to complain about and make out you're some kind of refined diner who is genuinely offended by such behaviour.

It's all very Frasier & Niles Crane, who take themselves far too seriously, the result is very funny.

Fair enough. I have high standards. You keep batting mediocrity because that's your comfort zone. Surely instead of constantly chastising me you can see the bigger picture in trying to improve the restaurant's of our fine city. This is now starting to bore me. Bye nick2.

I tipped around 15% BTW

15% service tip, but you gave it a 4/10!

Bet you're glad the service was poor, it would have cost you a fortune otherwise.

Incidentally foodcritic, I've now read another review of yours regarding Platillo's. Far better. Informative and more to the point. I suppose we all want different things in a review, but you honestly did lose me half way through this latest tome (;)).

I'd say the four for service is way too high from my experience. Booked a table for 7.30pm. Finally got sat down at 8pm. Had starter. Had to leave before the main came so I wouldn't miss the last bus at 11.15pm. I'm not joking either. I refused to pay for anything much to their annoyance. Absolutely pathetic. This was about two and a half years ago.

I'd say the four for service is way too high from my experience. Booked a table for 7.30pm. Finally got sat down at 8pm. Had starter. Had to leave before the main came so I wouldn't miss the last bus at 11.15pm. I'm not joking either. I refused to pay for anything much to their annoyance. Absolutely pathetic. This was about two and a half years ago.

2 and 1/2 years ago?

Its only been open since july.......

Archived