Concord Park Swings

Timbuck

Tara, you've prompted my memory. The swings were against the main road, opposite where our dentist used to have his local surgery. Was it called Wincobank Lane?

I spent many times walking trough Concord Park full of fear, on my way to the dentist.

I lived on daffodil road too, remember the park that was put on wincobank hill, just down from bluebell road at the top of the middle field.

it too had one of those cone shaped steel round abouts with the seats on, it was great. it used to smash your teeth in when you fell off backwards.

there was also some monkey bars that were ok but i remember hurting myself on the round about more. it was great.

Originally posted by fuctifino

It too had one of those cone shaped steel round abouts with the seats on, it was great. it used to smash your teeth in when you fell off backwards. it was great.

Now you can't beat a bit of good old-fashioned discomfort.

Stevo,

I don't want to digress from the thread too much, but do you refer to Pawson the Dentist here? He was situated near to Concord Park Gates. I too remember fearful trips to his surgery for excruciating fillings.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by fuctifino

I lived on daffodil road too, remember the park that was put on wincobank hill, just down from bluebell road at the top of the middle field.

it too had one of those cone shaped steel round abouts with the seats on, it was great. it used to smash your teeth in when you fell off backwards.

there was also some monkey bars that were ok but i remember hurting myself on the round about more. it was great.

where abouts on daffodil rd did you live & when?

Originally posted by timo

Stevo,

I don't want to digress from the thread too much, but do you refer to Pawson the Dentist here? He was situated near to Concord Park Gates. I too remember fearful trips to his surgery for excruciating fillings.

Can't remember his name Tim. Fear does strange things to the mind! I remember their were plaster casts of peoples teeth on the waiting room window sill.