Bankers Draft turning into a lloyds?

RPG

I'm not saying that this isn't the case however, I've never experienced this lingering smell in any other public house.

As I said I returned to the place briefly approximately 4-6 weeks later and the same awful smell was still present.

Originally posted by woodchip

If it was up to people like you lot complaining, you'd have to have a **** mullet and wear a blazer and jeans like half of the nobs up west st, to get in a boozer.

I'm trying to work out what rude word goes before mullet.

Originally posted by Lickszz

Taking into account some of the types of people that frequent Bankers Draft I'm not sure I subscribe to that theory in this instance.

Granted the smell was near the bar but the source seemed to be the carpet not the beer.

carpets in pubs/bars/clubs never good - think BED, think LEADMILL, think GROSS

• 1 month later...

So the Bankers has re-opened and dispite you ever doubting lot, it has changed. It is now a WetherLloyds as the bar staff informed me. It still doesnt have music in the day - it starts at 5pm and still does a big range of cask ale - bonus at £1.59!

It looks a lot nicer with big leather couches and new carpets etc. The people have changed to. Not the usual scroates. This is a good place to go for value for money drink and food in a nice clean enviroment.

The fact the pub was run into the ground before was not the fault of the bar staff or the new managers.They seemed fed up with it all before and have all made noise to get it changed. Keep it up - it seems to be working.

Archived