The Fosters - Tower Block at High Green

• 2 weeks later...
I have been documenting all the remaining 20th Century Tower blocks in Sheffield over the last couple of months in a new website.

20th Century Sheffield Tower Blocks

And I have come across the early 1960s block at High Green called "The Fosters".

The Fosters

But unfortunately there is not much information about this one because it is out in the lovely Northmost district of High Green, which is seldom visited by most people.

I would like to know if anyone knows which year it was built, so I can add it to my main website link system. Any other info would also be appreciated.

New URL here!

A couple of bits for your website....

None of the flats at Netherthorpe had two stories removed - I lived in the Adamfield block at the time of the refurbs.

Also Callow Drive doesn't look like that anymore... it is currently undergoing a refurb, which includes cladding! - As if they weren't hot enough without! lol (lived there too until recently!)

I've also lived in the brown tower block at Norfolk Park on Kennighall Mount (Talbot Block) and my Grandad lives near The Fosters at High Green...

You don't seem to have the Norfolk Park tower blocks on your website... are these going to be added?

Any more info you want - just ask! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived