Using force against burglars

Should householders be able to use any force to repel intruders?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Should householders be able to use any force to repel intruders?

• Yes, get him before he gets you. Anything goes.
    • No, the existing law is fine.
    • No, we should offer no resistance.
    • Yes, but no unnecessarily gratuitous violence.

I have a simple view on this issue.

If someone is in your house you have no chance to have a cup of tea and ask their intentions so I would assume they have no problem killing me then raping my wife and daughter.

Assume the worst and beat the living crap out of the swine just in case I'm right.

That's how things work out here. If you get hold and you're able to damage the bugger, the cops leave you alone regardless of the damage inflicted.

If you don't get him but wake the neighbours, they finish the job off. Assuming he's still breathing, he says anything to the cops and they give him some more.

It's common to see it on TV here. No enquiry when a cop kicks the **** out of a pre kicked git on live TV here. I've seen a few get slapped on crime shows.

Which presumably makes it likely that if someone is in your house, they'll hit you in the face with the baseball bat they brought, rather than risk you catching them...

Or are the burglars too stupid to come prepared?

There's an awful lot of testosterone on this thread, probably the majority of which would evaporate very quickly in the face of a real confrontation. You're the one who just got out of bed naked at 0400 to see what the noise was, the burglar is the one who came equipped and knowing what he was going to do, I know who I'd put money on with all your stabbing and killing talk.

Amazing isn't it that there are people sad enough to be bothered? Are they queer freaks or what? What a bunch of tossers.

You are without question the most vile little creature ive ever had the misfortune to enconter on a forum. Most o your posts are made of a nasty bile and cruel inuendo. The language you use has no place on a family forum.

I hope you get banned.

Archived