Fish and Chips or Chips and Fish???

I'm from Leeds. Haddock country. Nobody in Leeds eats cod. We ask for 'fish and chips' with scraps. Maybe a cake too. Funny how Sheffield is so close to leeds but the chippies are so different.

yes we do and we have chip butties with a proper teacake not a bloody breadcake. we also have special and chips, a special is an extra large fish which doesn't seem to be sold in sheffield chippies. the ultimate chip shop pie would have to a hollands pie which are much nicer than pukka pies.

I say "Macaroni Cheese" and thought only Americans called it "Macaroni AND Cheese" ?? ( or maybe you are American ?)

Ooh, no, not American. Is it American? I've always said it like that. I don't want to sound American!

Oooh sorry samstar ! maybe it's a generational thing ? ( You're probably a lot younger than me.....:hihi:)

What doy ou say? Im a Fish and Chips gal but others in the office say Chips and Fish which sounds plain wrong to me! Ane id say Egg and Chips but they say Chips and Egg!

Am I in the minority here???

Not related really but in Bolton they have 'Pea wet'! Just the pea juice on their chips!! I didnt realise quite how different regions do chips

I lived in Bolton and we always asked for "Scraps and Pea Wet" with our fish and chips.

On your other point, these people who say Chips and Fish are clearly mad and a bit fruity IMO

I lived in Bolton and we always asked for "Scraps and Pea Wet" with our fish and chips.

On your other point, these people who say Chips and Fish are clearly mad and a bit fruity IMO

They could be dylsexic.

Did you also know that in Cornwall people ask for "Onion & Cheese" crisps?