What's anyone's thoughts of Parson Cross?

Parson Cross used to be a fine, safe area to live in. My formative years there were happy and I have fond memories of the neighbours and friends made there before moving away. Don't know when or how the changes occurred, but seeing the area now looks is quite depressing.

whats eveyones thoughts of parsoncross im 17 and lived here all my life but just wonder what the cross used to b like and how its changed. x

Samantha

If you use search here on the Sheffield Forum and look for Did you ever live in Parson Cross, this has been going since 2003 and the last entry was a couple of days ago. There are loads of different stories from Parson Cross from people who have lived here all their lives, I'm sure you will find it interesting.

From my experience The Cross was fine until the mid 90s when the place was populated by ex-residents of areas such as the Kelvin Flats by Sheffield City Council.

I believe it was at this time that this traditional working class area went down the plug hole.

Homes were still being modernised on Falstaff Road/Buchanan in the early 90s. Yet only a few years later they were demolished. Why?

What a waste of taxpayers money.

People who spent nearly all their adult lives on the estate before dying in the 1990s would look at what has happened in disgust.

I blame our 'wonderful' Sheffield City Council totally.

Archived