Dio Heaven and Hell

Himmelgehen

Juts checked the listings out of curiosity and the gig is at the Arena - I'd have thought that was a bit optimistic? Anyway... curious as to why they're not going out as Black Sabbath - does Sharon Osbourne now own the name or something similar?

In 2007 it was announced that Black Sabbath would reunite with Dio and go under the name Heaven and Hell. This has some people debating if the band Dio will release a new album during 2008, though Dio states that his time with Heaven and Hell will end before 2008 to give him time to make another Dio album before he has anything to do with Black Sabbath again.

Heaven & Hell is an album that was recorded in 1980. At that time Dio was Black Sabath vocalist he rcorded with sabbaths three albums and they are said as the best in blac sabath history and had huge influence to heavy metal.

Heaven and hell is not a name of band but name of tour where most songs played are from Heaven and hell album

Heaven & Hell is an album that was recorded in 1980. At that time Dio was Black Sabath vocalist he rcorded with sabbaths three albums and they are said as the best in blac sabath history and had huge influence to heavy metal.

Heaven and hell is not a name of band but name of tour where most songs played are from Heaven and hell album

Thanks for the info - but I actually saw Sabbath with Dio on the Mob Rules tour at Bingley Hall - I was 14 or 15 at the time... I'm bit out of the loop re: metal these days so was quite surpised to read about the gig and curious as to why they're werent going out as Sabbath.

Anyway... THE best Sabbath album is Vol4 - everyone knows that!

;)

The Dio albums with Sabbath were good for the time - but I'm not sure who they infuenced - whereas Ozzy era earlys 70s Sabbath must be one of the most influential rock bands ever.

:)

Juts checked the listings out of curiosity and the gig is at the Arena - I'd have thought that was a bit optimistic? Anyway... curious as to why they're not going out as Black Sabbath - does Sharon Osbourne now own the name or something similar?

As far as i'm aware Tony Iommi actually owns the Black Sabbath name. He bought the legal rights to it around 1985 when the band was inactive for a couple of years. They are basically going out as Heaven and Hell to keep Ozzy and Sharon quiet. It also means that they have less pressure on them because they will only be playing Dio era Sabbath material, none of the early Ozzy stuff.

Archived