Wardsend Cemetery - again

Sorry for being dim, is the new bridge accessed from Livesey Street (past the stadium)?

Yes it is,

the last time I tried the Herries Road route some bright spark from the waterways had dug the banking away leaving no easy access to the path.

i have always accessed it from herries road just near the five arches bridge where the stream is, access also available at rear of bassets over the new bridge.

sounds about the same as 1945, along side Bassets but is Bassets still there?? my brother and I use to go ,sit behind one of the graves and wait for the spirits to float around at midnight he was 8 & I be 10:hihi::hihi::hihi:

PS we would try and get someone to lend a bike, come flying down the hill and the trick was to turn before you hit the river got many a skined knee and we always brought a rope with a #of meat hooks tied to the end for draging out any bikes that hit the river

According to the What's On on the Star website, there is a guided tour round Wardsend cemetery tomorrow (Saturday) at 10.30 am, though it doesn't say who's doing it. Must say I'm tempted to go and have a look.

Yes, I bet its an interesting place.:)

Archived