Old bus routes of Sheffield- information needed

foxydebs

Yes, in 1951 that route shown in hillsbro's  post started in Leopold Street  (Church Street end)  took left turn into West Street. On its return trip via Division Street,  to avoid a reversing manoevre, completed the 'loop' by taking a left turn from Barkers Pool (at  Wilson Peck ) into Leopold Street back to its terminus. This was prior to the construction of the Fountain which came some years later. Routing must have changed as the 60 later ran to the Midland Station but I don't know when that occurred.

1 hour ago, Voldy said:

Yes, in 1951 that route shown in hillsbro's  post started in Leopold Street  (Church Street end)  took left turn into West Street. On its return trip via Division Street,  to avoid a reversing manoevre, completed the 'loop' by taking a left turn from Barkers Pool (at  Wilson Peck ) into Leopold Street back to its terminus. This was prior to the construction of the Fountain which came some years later. Routing must have changed as the 60 later ran to the Midland Station but I don't know when that occurred.

In the 1960s there was a bus that ran down Charles Street perhaps en-route to the Midland station. Would that have been the No:60 re routed? If so, how did it get to Charles Street from Glossop Road?

93 was Central Bus Station to Woodhouse in the 1970s and most of the 1980s. Prior to that it ran to Stradbroke.

I think it was extended through the city to Firth Park as a replacement for route 4 in the late 1980s - perhaps when Meadowhall opened.

• 10 months later...

An old friend and I were talking the other day about old bus routes, and ended up totally puzzled. I went to Nether Edge Grammar School 1953 to 1958. I used to travel to school on the Nether Edge bus along Washington Road. Coming home I caught the Circular at the end of Union Road, getting off on Queens Road at the junction of Bramall Lane/Havelock Bridge. I think it was number9. My friend used to catch it from Queens Road up to Union Road to go to School.

Where it came from before Union Road and went to after Queens Road is a mystery to us.

My question is, do any of you knowledgeable people out there know the routes of those circular buses, going both directions?

Along shot I know, but I hope someone can help.