Driving instructor - Megathread

ARMANI

I've just passed my test, and have had lessons with Richard from Martin Woodward for about 5 months. I really can't recommend him enough - I didn't have a car to practise on, so was only getting 1-2 hours worth of driving experience a week and still passed relatively quickly...

This brings back memories of my first test and the instructorand his name was George Fogg and he taught my dad, my sister and I in the Woodseats area in the 70's.

He used to smack our wrists witha ruler if we didnt adopt the 'ten to and ten past' hands position on the steering wheel. On my first test his car broke down at the handsworth test centre LOL! and the examiner ripped up the test sheet and got out and slammed the door in disgust... The clutch had gone and I was so nervous I thought I'd broke it - how we laughed ! He was a great guy did anyone else have him in Sheffield - What's your favourite driving instructor story ?

• 2 months later...

Yes, me and I'd definitely recommend them, though it's a few years ago now when it was a smaller operation (just Alan the proprietor) so I can't vouch for any of the others.

There's a bigger 'recommend a driving instructor' thread on here somewhere which also has some comments about them.

Im learning to drive with them nowww.. really good and well recommended as i have let alot of people know about them and now half of my area are with them! :) But anyway.. they make u progress fast, which is good as you don't expect yourself to be so good but once you're sat in that car you are made to feel so comfortable! :D

Archived