Paul Heaton at the Leadmill

EdnaKrabappe

Yep, we went. His voice was really good and he looked great - much better than he's looked in a long time. He only sang his new stuff though, none of the old Beautiful South or Housemartins classics, but it was definitely in a similar style. Not sure when his new albums out, but it's going on my christmas present list!

Only complaint of the night was The Leadmill - it was freeeeeeeeeeeeeezing cold in there. People were collecting their coats from the cloakroom after a few mins and putting them straight back on!

Had a good night though, even bought a t-shirt!

Yeah. It was good despite Paul looking really fed up to start off with don't think he was impressed with the sound. Then he got into his stride and even did a wiggle or two.

Can't pigeon hole the new stuff - it's more Housemartins with updated indie guitars than Beautiful South stuff - there was only one song where I thought, mmm girl's voice required here.

Paul himself looks really well, 45 and looking like he's in his early thirties and he's soo thin now!

Like the Eidlweiss at the end!

I'm gutted I missed this :( Why didn't you remind everyone on an hourly basis to buy tickets Edna??!! ;)

I saw Heaton at the Leadmill a couple of years ago when he'd just released the Biscuit Boy stuff, and he was fantastic. I think I got so fed up of the Beautiful South's samey sounding stuff, that I forgot how good his voice can be live.

Archived