Is it just me that's bored of electro?

discodown

yes (cough). but are they what you'd classify as electro?

and maaaan.....do they all float my boat or what. the freaks track especially...

da da da dada da da da DAAAAAA!!

:love:

the freaks thing is just pop, if you want some electro PM me and i'll send you a Cd of stuff

No no no no no. Please stop calling this rubbish "electro". It is just pop music. The Freaks track used to be a reasonble electro house tune (originally released in 2003 and a big tune at UG), but it has been bastardised into a piece of commercial pop nonsense.

i take it you're not a fan then hehe :D

Now you might be a huge fan of this particular development in hiphop music, but for me, i'd rather be interested in decent records.

And as for the US not recognising UK talent? Who cares? That is called 'seeking validation', and you should really know that part of being involved in hiphop music is standing up and just doing it, not waiting for some other dude's approval.

So enough of the lecturing, already, we will just have to disagree. You enjoy a particular type of hiphop music that i feel is of fairly low quality. Each to their own;)

Stop the presumptions that I like pop hip hop!!!!!

I never said that. If you read my post carefully I was pointing out to you and Delmonte, 50 Cent, like it or not is hip hop.

You choose to ignore the point I made about Jazzy Jeff. The reason why I may sound like I am lecturing is because I deal with facts not just opinions.

If you read carefully also I said you was RIGHT & WRONG. However if you knew a lot about how hip hop developed, there has been cats like 50 making commercial hip hop since the beginning.

As you stated 50 aint hip hop

Kurtis Blow is not hip hop because he made excellent party records.

Have you got the drift yet.;)

Stop the presumptions that I like pop hip hop!!!!!

I never said that. If you read my post carefully I was pointing out to you and Delmonte, 50 Cent, like it or not is hip hop.

You choose to ignore the point I made about Jazzy Jeff. The reason why I may sound like I am lecturing is because I deal with facts not just opinions.

If you read carefully also I said you was RIGHT & WRONG. However if you knew a lot about how hip hop developed, there has been cats like 50 making commercial hip hop since the beginning.

As you stated 50 aint hip hop

Kurtis Blow is not hip hop because he made excellent party records.

Have you got the drift yet.;)

Actually, what i said was even though i don't like it, 50 and the other people making bad records are classed as 'hiphop music' - i just see it as not really being good enough for me to classify it as such...a chunk of hiphop music to me is about skills and beats...two things relatively lacking within some sub-genres.

If you read my post carefully, you will see that i accept and even enjoy the fact that there has been commercial hiphop-based music since the beginning.

Realness/creative quality doesn't always have to be outside of the mainstream. There are quite a few succesful artists i like, and along the way, some classic albums have been made, which transcend the 'sell-out' angle.

i do know a little about this area of music...:)in fact, the first tape i ever bought was De La - 3 feet...at the time, a big crossover success that made it without being crap. Shame other people don't seem able to do this.

And as for talking about facts and opinions - there are facts that we both agree on - so i mean no disrespect, but perhaps one of these days someone should fill in the gaps in your knowledge about uk music...you would really benefit from it;)

I would love you to enlighten my ears on good UK hip hop music. For me it is really 1/20. Great production, crappy lyrics. My favourite UK rapper of all time is Slick Rick. (old skool but based in USA)

If you could find me a UK rapper who could take him out in a battle, I would be surprised.

Dizzy Rascal close but the sad irony is nobody understands a word he says. Flows well but sounds like bad english.

I would be in full attendance if you could tell me where I could hear this UK music. Maybe I'm getting old but I pride myself as a 20 year veteran dj and agent to some of the top UK house, hip hop and R&B artists and djs.

For the record I will say the same for house, however 10 - 15 years ago the UK house scene had great UK talent. Now I struggle to find many outstanding acts. Same for R&B.

Soul II Soul, Loose Ends - House artists oldskool UK are too many to name.

De La Soul was a great eg) them and Public Enemy were geniuses in the game and created a new dimension to Hip Hop. In todays hip hop I struggle find that bench mark left by these two artists alone. I would say the last band to change the game in Hip Hop was Wu Tang, just for there sheer rawness. I have to say for sheer lp quality The Game is hot and creates underground and mainstream hip hop on his lps. Lupe Fiasco is probably one to watch also.

Keep me posted bro..;)

Archived