Rambling/walking

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Strix

You have to joint the ramblers association for that though

try this page

or this thread

or PM spinac

cost to join Ramblers is around £25 for the year which goes towards many funds i.e. Funds were used for the action in getting the new Rights of Way Act that came into force earlier this year. Membership allows you to walk with any group in the UK (and walks are free!!!!) and you receive a 1/4ly newsletter from the Ramblers as well as a UK Accommodation Guide updated each year covering Hotels down to Campsites.

From the Sheffield Walking Group you get a full walks programme sent out to you with details of walks and socials (also available on website to everyone) e.t.c plus a news ditto.

Group been running roughly 2 1/2 years with membership around 150 and new people joining all the time.

For interested parties the group has a monthly pub meet for interested parties and regulars to meet and chat and drink. This happens on the first Tues of each month 8pm onwards at The Devonshire Cat in town behind The Forum Bar, again costing you nothing!

And again for interested parties you can come on a few initial walks without having to become a member to see if you like it and want to go on to pay your £25!!!! as so many have!

Originally posted by Strix

Thanks ZED. What's the rule on dogs in the group? Can we bring a beagle with us?

Yeah dogs are welcome if there are well behaved!. A lead is essential though when in crowded places and walking near animals, although I am sure you know this.

• 1 month later...

I am wanting to return to walking.

I am slightly unfit :-) and would like to find a club that goes on different walks (easy - heard) is free, that go out frequently and who will be friendly to me :-)

Can anyone help? The friendliness feature is the most important.

Archived