Wincobank methodist church

pamrolo

I am searching for my grandmothers family. My mother is quite vague in her memories of her mother all I have managed to find out is her name was Mabel Maud Turner born 1894 (however she may have been adopted or a step child) her fathers name was Edward Turner . She lived in The Wincobank area of Sheffield and attended Lower Wincobank Methodist Church as a young girl.She had a brother killed in WW1 and a sister possibly called florrie or flora. She moved to Middlesbrough around 1910 and married my grandfather. Does anyone have any information or know if the Methodist Church still exits.

Do you have your grandparents' marriage certificate? If not it is important to get one to see what it says about Mabel's father.

Was she the Mabel M Turner who married William A. Pratt in Middlesborough in 1914?

Hugh

yes i have the marriage certificate. my grandfather was william pratt , married 1/08/1914 in middlesbrough.

i know mabels father is edward turner and an iron worker but i cannot find mabel as a child. my mother thinks she may be adopted or a step child which would account for my lack of success. she attended lower wincobank methodist church as a child.she had a sister called florence / florrie /flora and a brother who was killed during WW1 but thats about all I know.

Archived