Dairy @ bellhouse rd

mark1971

I have old memories of visiting a dairy factory when i was at school (shiregreen late 70's)which was situated on bellhouse rd (i think) can anybody tell me if it's still there as i haven't been to that area for at least 25 years,many thanks.

I have old memories of visiting a dairy factory when i was at school (shiregreen late 70's)which was situated on bellhouse rd (i think) can anybody tell me if it's still there as i haven't been to that area for at least 25 years,many thanks.

i am sorry to tell you it not there anymore the have biult houses on there now

you would not know that part of shiregreen

all the best

Yes I remember the "Brightside and Carbrook" co op Dairy on Bellhouse road, it was a Giant site back in the 50s and 60s, it also had the co op Laundry, and the co op Bakery, My Dad used drive a co op Bakery home delivery van, I remember in the 50s, as a child going out on deliveries with him, he used to go from door to door with a big Basket full of bread and cakes,I remember sitting in the back of the van eating the buns. Happy days.

Archived