Stannington Christmas Memories

Coming from Stannington (the village not lower Stannington) i know how much people like to get into the festiver spirit.

I have some great christmas memories from when i was younger, like making sparkly christmas cards at The Infant School and Nook lane, the Christmas Concerts at the lomas Hall, people sledging and making snowmen in the park - the snow used to get really deep!! Also people getting merry in the pubs, i love this and spend many evenings either in the Peacock or Top House at christmas...

Anyone got any christmassy memories??

Wake up Christmas Morning and open all you presents; Go for a walk up onto the Riggs to blow all last nights' cobwebs away (wearing that 'lovely' new jumper of course); Wander back down into the village and listen to the Brass Band play 'Stannington' and other local carols; Then off to 'Minnies' again (just for a 'warm';)) - arriving by sheer coincidence as the Christ Church clock strikes 12.

Wake up Christmas Morning and open all you presents; Go for a walk up onto the Riggs to blow all last nights' cobwebs away (wearing that 'lovely' new jumper of course); Wander back down into the village and listen to the Brass Band play 'Stannington' and other local carols; Then off to 'Minnies' again (just for a 'warm';)) - arriving by sheer coincidence as the Christ Church clock strikes 12.

Perfect timing as usual !

ps whats wrong with the jumper ?

Used to like to look out of the front bedroom window and see the huge tree at Dungworth, and out of the back bedroom and see the one in the Stannington park. lovely, and listen to the band on Christmas morning:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived