Is the republic to be rebuilt?

discodown

Its strange walking past the old site, you can still see the concrete where the stairs were that led to the main dancefloor downstairs, and the raised platforms at the back where the raised bit was. I think we should have a free party there, invite some of the former residents to play, what a way to go out in style.

I walk past the Crasher site every day on my way to work. Over the summer there were a few builders who rebuilt a wall out of breeze blocks at the back of the site, but apart from that nothing has been done. The fences are often kicked down and someone has graffitied "RIP Crasher" on the back wall.

i would say that they are waiting for the insurance money to be payed to them, or even still argueing about how much they will get!

Then you have to plan it- submit planning applications etc etc- its a long process i would guess!!

I think the thing you're forgetting Disco is that Gatecrasher did a grand job of doing away with any happy memories long before the fire.

What was once a global clubbing landmark was turned into a bog-standard Saturday night meat-market when they realised the trance gravy train was broken down and they could make their money from the 'Dance and RnB' crowd of pish-heads and Galaxy/Hallam listeners.

That's just an outsiders view mind, as I thought it was shi'te in both it's forms.

I think the thing you're forgetting Disco is that Gatecrasher did a grand job of doing away with any happy memories long before the fire.

What was once a global clubbing landmark was turned into a bog-standard Saturday night meat-market when they realised the trance gravy train was broken down and they could make their money from the 'Dance and RnB' crowd of pish-heads and Galaxy/Hallam listeners.

That's just an outsiders view mind, as I thought it was shi'te in both it's forms.

yet on its night it was still the best club in sheffield!!!

Archived