Venue needed for northern soul night!

gaztat

That's funny coming from someone who live's in Worksop :huh:

Sorry i couldn't make Ponds Forge to buy you the drink last night, was at another northern night in Barnsley & it wasn't very good to say the least. Should have known better:( How was Ponds Forge?

See you in Prestatyn, i'll be the one wearing the "I AM PETE SMITH" T shirt:hihi:

No I'M PETE SMITH :hihi:

Sorry about Egging you on last night :lol:

sorry for the boring reply but i aint against cd's for home entertainment. i just dont believe you should dj at a northern event with them.

karen, i wont murder you at prestatyn but i will ask why you are on a sheffield forum?? :huh::D

see you in sunny wales next week

:D

I joined this years ago as they were talking about me in 2003 I think :D I was being nosey, as always :D

That's funny coming from someone who live's in Worksop :huh:

Sorry i couldn't make Ponds Forge to buy you the drink last night, was at another northern night in Barnsley & it wasn't very good to say the least. Should have known better:( How was Ponds Forge?

See you in Prestatyn, i'll be the one wearing the "I AM PETE SMITH" T shirt:hihi:

lol

i have only been in worksop 6 months of my life. the rest in sheffield where i still work. :D will be moving back later this year.

who are you then?

ponds was sound. shame its been pretty quiet in there the last 6 months. too much on locally i suppose. not many like to go out every week so events within the month locally are having an effect i reckon.

blimey i aint anonymous anymore. lol

and who are you then?

My name is really Pete Smith and sorry about your eggstra special night but we'll have a yoke about it all when we meet up at prestayn over a CD or 2 :hihi::lol: :lol:

If you want to hear 60s soul, played to a contemporary crowd and packing out a venue, try the Pow Wow Club.

Our DJs and guests mix up soul, R&B (original variety), boogaloo, funk and beat - and it works.

None of the stuffiness of the northern scene, no record stalls and all that nonsense - just people having a good time dancing to great music.

I am about to take over a prime location bar in the centre of chesterfield, called the loft, it is across from the donut carpark across from the busiest night club in town, we have just been granted a 24hr license, and the interior is all wood (wood dance floor) we have a small PA for live acts,

iam looking to establish a once a month or event night for motown and northern soul, i know the scene is very popular and love the music, iam a young promoter and will be running the promo operation of the bar, we will be marketing the bar as an indie bar playing live bands etc... so we will be marketing at an older generation, iam looking for someone who is intreasted in promoting a northern soul night at my bar for a percentage of the bar take, or if you can sell enough advanced tickets, a door split or bar/door split, some deal anyhow..get in touch.

I used to work at Libertys night club and a few years ago a woman called stella used to run Soul nights there and they where packed, we are only a 200 cap venue and we have a lush courtyard at the back, would be brill in the summer, get in touch.

Mark

If you want to hear 60s soul, played to a contemporary crowd and packing out a venue, try the Pow Wow Club.

Our DJs and guests mix up soul, R&B (original variety), boogaloo, funk and beat - and it works.

None of the stuffiness of the northern scene, no record stalls and all that nonsense - just people having a good time dancing to great music.

I was a mod in 60's , ex Mojo no less, so this night sounds very interesting.Have you a future date after 18th.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that love the classic soul tracks of the 70's, 80's and 90's and a smattering of John Legend, Angie Stone, Kem etc...you are in for a treat. Tequila (on West Street, Sheffield) will be hosting a brand new weekly night called suprisingly The Friday Soul Sessions.

If youve been to the Big Tree soul sessions or enjoyed the Tom Tom Club at Takapuna in the past you'll recognise the DJs supplying the quality music for this event.

Gary Senior and Dimitry Soul are both huge Soul Music supporters and are back together again for the first time in years.

Starts Friday 7th April

Archived