Tracing Volt Works on Worksop Road, Attercliffe

Tangerine

Hi, thanks for that.

I am looking to get in touch with a relative and workmates who worked at Bradwell's in the 1960's. You seem to know a bit about the company, have you worked there or would you know where I could start my trail ?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi Tangerine,Yes I worked there in the late70's - early 80's. I was quite sad to leave as the lads there were a great bunch, lots of good mates. Unfortunately the company was hit hard by the demise of the large steel and engineering companies, as much of their business was industrial. There were basically, three separate departments: contracting (electrical installation), electric motor and transformer repairs and the high frequency furnace repair workshop. With the passage of time it may not be so easy to contact a lot of the guys that worked there, indeed some of the older end are sadly no longer with us. If you have more details, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Might I suggest you PM me with names etc.? Good luck!

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all, I'm not sure how live thread is but I worked at Volt Works for 16 years from 1964. The name "Volt Works" was a standard practice naming technique of the day, that is to name a factory or place of work by a relevant name.

The company name was of course Bradwell Electrical Company, a family run business.

Of course I knew many people at that time and it was a great place of work. If anyone has any questions just ask.

cheers.

Franko

Archived