From Sheffield With Love by Brendan Murphy, priced £8.99

callippo

http://www.thestar.co.uk/diary/Aussie-exile39s-long-ball-game.3400556.jp

I got a copy but left it under the front seat of the author's hire car while he was in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago promoting it.

don't think they'll be any copies in Asia Books at the Siam Discovery Center somehow.

anyway the first half a chapter was a good enough read to reccomend.

well the book is in Waterstone's, why not buy it. He's also getting married in Melbourne on February 9, so if you need an excuse to jet off to Oz, there you go. You'll get an automatic invite to the wedding I'm sure as would anyone who sat in his primary school class. Unfortunately, they could have planned it better - that coincides with Chinese New Year, so the airfares are through the roof. It might even be an idea to look at routes via LA if you're coming from Europe, the price hikes are so much. I'm looking at 350 quid from Bangkok even with one of the budget operators when it should really be half that. Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Singapore, same.

Archived