Alternative pubs/bars

jy001

Thanks for the help...will have to check a few out. Is Dulos on cemetry rd near the vine?

Actually, what's Dulo like these days? It used to be my local a few years ago when it was a wonderful, characterful pub called The Beer Engine (and prior to that The Royal Oak) - I even wrote an article for the local CAMRA newsletter about it. Then it became, Dulo, lost all its character and was remarketed as a "pre-club bar" instead of a pub and I lost interest.

For Folky acoustic nights, try Fagans pub, Broad Lane - best in town in my humble opinion. Music most nights from 9pm (not Thursdays). That's a good one if you want to take your guitar and join in or sing along. Good quality of music in there.

There are also folk nights at the following:

Hollly Bush, off Rivelin Valley Road, Wednesdays

Three Merry Lands, Redmires Road, Thursdays

The Moon, Upperthorpe, Mondays

Im quite new to sheffield & was wondering if anyone can sugguest some pubs/bars with an alternative edge :) By alternative something that attracts a similar clientelle to The Vine for example (or for clubs, club shush..planet zogg at plug etc)

Well i can tell you which pubs the Zogg Djs go drinking in... Dev Cat, Hillsborough Hotel & Washington mainly - but thats cos we're all getting old and like a decent beer and a seat to get away from all the noisey dance music

:)

Archived