How popular is The Plough Inn, Sandygate Road S10

goldenfleece

right all you that are on about the plough and that the bar manager is a total ****** hes not i work there right

and if u must no that old stooles and things are been taken away at this very moment in time and been recoverd. and you goldenfleece i can tell u summat now he doesnt sit in the window with a pint or readin the paper think i no him alot more than u do that myt have been his mate but i no it wasnt him so why dont u find more fact out about the place before running you mouths off the lot off u. i think its a nice pub and im not just sayin it because i wokr there yea the prices were high

but they have been lowerd no so its quite a cheap pub if u dont like it then dont come in but dont be so childish to slag it off.

Right. All you that are on about the plough and that the bar manager is a total ****** (insert suitable word here). He's not, I work there, right? And if you must know that old stools and things are been taken away at this very moment in time and been recovered. And you goldenfleece I can tell you something now he doesn't sit in the window with a pint or reading the paper. Think I know him a lot more than you do, that might have been his mate but I know it wasn't him so why don't you find more fact out about the place before running you mouths off the lot off you. I think its a nice pub and I'm not just saying it because i work there, yes the prices were high but they have been lowered now so it's quite a cheap pub if you don't like it then don't come in but don't be so childish to slag it off.

Nope. That's the closest to English I can get and it still doesn't make sense.

right if you think you are all clever instead of writing things on here about it why not go in and see the bar manager and talk to him about it.

and no you dont get a free drink

ill be workin next thursday all day and night if you have a problem call in about it .

hello percy, you sound like just the sort of person we dont want to see in that lovely establishment. I know the couple that are moving in and you couldn't wish to meet a more friendly and professional couple to work for. Please dont bring your friends. Ta ta:loopy:

hello percy, you sound like just the sort of person we dont want to see in that lovely establishment. I know the couple that are moving in and you couldn't wish to meet a more friendly and professional couple to work for. Please dont bring your friends. Ta ta:loopy:

It's not very S10.

Right all you that are on about the plough and that the bar manager is a total ****** he's not i work there right.

And if u must no that old stooles and chairs and tables are been taken away at this very moment in time and are been recoverd. and you goldenfleece i can tell u summat now he doesnt sit in the window with a pint or reading the paper. I think i no him alot more than u do that might have been his mate but i no it wasnt him so why dont u find more facts out about the place before running you mouth off that goes to the rest of you off u. i think its a nice pub and im not just sayin it because i work there yes the prices were high.

But they have been lowerd now so its quite cheap. If u dont like it then dont come in but dont be so childish to slag it off.

there you go its in english now !

That's debatable...

right all you that are on about the plough and that the bar manager is a total ****** hes not i work there right

and if u must no that old stooles and things are been taken away at this very moment in time and been recoverd. and you goldenfleece i can tell u summat now he doesnt sit in the window with a pint or readin the paper think i no him alot more than u do that myt have been his mate but i no it wasnt him so why dont u find more fact out about the place before running you mouths off the lot off u. i think its a nice pub and im not just sayin it because i wokr there yea the prices were high but they have been lowerd no so its quite a cheap pub if u dont like it then dont come in but dont be so childish to slag it off.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS LAST A LONG TIME!!! Let me tell you as a matter of FACT on BOTH times I went in the Barman was sat in the window reading a paper and supping lager, and each time was rather reluctant to get up and serve at the bar. Perhaps because it was deserted? My comments made I stand by, the first impressions were terrible, and I don't think anyone here will not agree with that. First impressions COUNT...you can't make up for it afterwards....I don't care if he was the barman or the Manager, he was there representing the management, and was abrupt and rather rude, plus not interested in his customers and spoke only blue language...quite frankly, you would have thought you were in a pub in a far less salubrious suburb of Sheffield, with the lack of courtesy and basic customer service. This is not what people expect in S10!!!!

And please, if you post on this forum, perhaps consider learning some elementary rules of the Queen's English...your txt talk is out of place..I hope you treat the customers better because if you talk like you write you won't have them for very long in S10 I assure you

Goldenfleece, why dont you show them how a pub SHOULD be run.

either at your place or go and do staff training there.

I just think that common courtesy counts a LOT.......it goes a very long way....it can make or break a public house

Why work in a pub and be totally not interested in your customers, or even in making a good first impression when re-opening? What is the point!!

as you never get a chance to make a second first impression, there is nothing to be done to change that.....first impressions are so vital in this industry, and facing the crisis of the British Pub industry at the moment, doubly more important I believe when re-opening a closed establishment and expecting it (presumably) to make a profit and be the preferred choice for the drinkers in the area...

I just get so annoyed when in places like this, the customer is clearly an intrusion and not really at all welcome, as the staff prefer to read newspapers and can only use four letter words and are incapable of using their initiative and providing even a basic product when requested...

As the new lessee of the Plough I have recently been informed about comments posted on this website.

It is not my intention to become embroiled here in a lengthy dialogue with so many wide ranging views from both customers and existing staff. However, I can assure all that it is my firm objective to give the customers a pub that they can be proud of and with this in mind I would be more than happy to meet anyone wishing to calmly sit down and exchange in a sensible, respectful debate regarding ideas, desires or wishes to re establish this pub as a major landmark within the S10 and surrounding locality. May I suggest that anyone interested can initially meet with myself and the new Managers on

9th March at midday where I would be delighted to listen to your views......

I realise that this date may not suit all. Lee and Hannah will take over responsibility for the management of the premises in the very near future - and I would encourage anyone to visit both now and thereafter where I am sure they will be given a warm welcome......

Archived