How popular is The Plough Inn, Sandygate Road S10

goldenfleece

The sample menu is up on the wall and I think it will be operative later this week. However, I think at these prices competition will be stiff if you compare them with two nearby pubs, the carvery at the Crosspool Tavern and the meals at The Sportsman at Redmires where the food is sxcellent and a lot cheaper. Both of them are full every lunchtime. Time will tell.

I ate in the sportsman a couple of weeks ago and the food was terrible, wont be going back

had a couple of drinks in the plough on a couple of occasions over the last few weeks and it was really nice and the landlord was very friendly

Well, despite my critical comments, I do go in the Plough quite often. I haven't seen any broken windows, or noticed any bad smell. The new couple are working their socks off to make a success of the pub, and are willing to listen to customers to see what they want.

Not that they can accommodate everything, but they are willing to listen. Their pitch was queered by 'Bob the barman' before them, but don't let that put you off. They are putting food on from next Thursday, and I'll be giving them a chance.

Work still needed, but they are making a good fist of it.

Ade

Hear, hear. It's my local and Lee & Hannah are doing a great job. By far the best pub in the area.

Do you mean as compared to The Sportsman (Crosspool), Crosspool Tavern, or taking ito account pubs slightly further afield, ie Shiny Sheff, Rising Sun, ET AL

we went for food on the first night as its our new local. i thought the food was spot on. good value, very tasty and a nice atmosphere. also the landlady was very conscientious and made sure that the kids that were playing round us were not spoiling our meal and she seemed very friendly. a thoroughly enjoyable experience recommended to all!!!

Archived