How popular is The Plough Inn, Sandygate Road S10

goldenfleece

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Anyone have any news on whether this pub is open again yet? Me and some of my friends from back at uni have been doing 'The Rivelin Pub Crawl' for 9 years now (Crosspool Tavern, Sportsman, Plough, Bell Hagg, Rivelin, Sportsman in Stannington, Turnbull, Hollybush, Walkley Cottage) for years now. We're supposed to be doing it this weekend. The Bell Hagg and the Turnbull have both closed already, and i don't think i could face the pub crawl being reduced to 6! We've already had to extend it into crookes at the start. The gap between the plough and the rivelin was bad enough, but all the way from the sportsman without a pub...don't know how i'll cope!!!

Stannington Pub Crawl without the Anvil and/or the Robin Hood? Blasphemy! :shocked:

Especially when the Robin Hood has some of the best local real ales on tap in the whole of S6 IMO.

That's really, really sad, I didn't think anyone could have been as good as the penultimate couple, but the last ones were really fantastic and seemed to get the food dead right and priced right.

Seems that's the Black Death for pubs that bit of space, despite having what should be a significant catchment.

Archived