How popular is The Plough Inn, Sandygate Road S10

goldenfleece

Oh my God......I thought this one would be OK as it survived the credit crunch summer........

My understanding - and it's imperfect, I don't know all the details (and no reason I should) is that Enterprise keep upping the rent every time they can, and Hawk Inns (who lease? the place from Enterprise) aren't willing/able to match Enterprise's value, so are pulling out.

Again, as I'm not an industry insider I don't know all the details, but I've not yet heard anyone say anything good about Enterprise......aren't they also involved in the frequent closure/opening/closure/opening of the Shiny Sheff too? Someone last night mentioned that they'd heard the Bulls Head at Ranmoor was going the same way (though that could just be pub talk).

Ade

Again, as I'm not an industry insider I don't know all the details, but I've not yet heard anyone say anything good about Enterprise......aren't they also involved in the frequent closure/opening/closure/opening of the Shiny Sheff too? Someone last night mentioned that they'd heard the Bulls Head at Ranmoor was going the same way (though that could just be pub talk).

Ade

yes Enterprise own the Sheff.........the rent is.....well, rediculously high......I wont touch any Enterprise pub...

Apparently the current managers will remain until the new year. Its a shame as they seem to be doing a good job at turning it around. There were plenty of people in the place on Sunday night- more than i've seen in there for years.

Unfortunately its never as simple as that. A Pub may be packed but still not make any money if the rent is too high, or the prices are too low. It's a very fine line to get right....

Archived