Sheffield Ghost Sightings

caronlel

when i was little...forgot how old tbh...maybe 12, 14?

at woodhouse, opposite the junction pub was a lane, and on the left hand side were some houses overlooking the train lines.

it was when they were clearing everybody out ready for demolition, me and my mates used to have a den in the top of one of the houses and you used to go up one house then through a big hole in the wall to our den, anyway we were in our den one day and we say a white figure slowly move past the hole in the wall.....it never went back, all that was there was the outside roof.

anyway weve never got down a house so fast in our lives.

there was always rumours that the husband who lived there hung himself in the air raid shelter that was in the garden overlooking the railway line

also i remember me and my mate were messing around the graveyard up past ballifield........further up handsworth road, theres a couple of shops...one was a video shop, and the road forks down the other side.

anway we were messing around there and all of a sudden we BOTH caught sight of a grave with both our names on, again ive never run so fast in my life. That was my pre drugs era too :P

when i was little...forgot how old tbh...maybe 12, 14?

at woodhouse, opposite the junction pub was a lane, and on the left hand side were some houses overlooking the train lines.

it was when they were clearing everybody out ready for demolition, me and my mates used to have a den in the top of one of the houses and you used to go up one house then through a big hole in the wall to our den, anyway we were in our den one day and we say a white figure slowly move past the hole in the wall.....it never went back, all that was there was the outside roof.

anyway weve never got down a house so fast in our lives.

there was always rumours that the husband who lived there hung himself in the air raid shelter that was in the garden overlooking the railway line

also i remember me and my mate were messing around the graveyard up past ballifield........further up handsworth road, theres a couple of shops...one was a video shop, and the road forks down the other side.

anway we were messing around there and all of a sudden we BOTH caught sight of a grave with both our names on, again ive never run so fast in my life. That was my pre drugs era too :P

mel, my nan lived in a house just past the railway bridge at the bottom of the lane,the junction was at the top on the left,reading your post reminded me of over forty years ago when my step dad ,while living with his mam told me ,as a child he had seen a white /gray thing moving about on that same lane

I have live and worked in a couple of places that were haunted,one was a firm called PTI at handsworth,i was the security guard it was on the sight of the old orgreave pit opposit the asda,one night i got a cup off coffee left it on reception to cool down and went outside for a fag,when i went back in to reception the cup was on the floor and the coffee all over the desk,also just before one christmass i was sat on reception and the christmas tree at the other side of the room just fell forward crashing on to the floor.

the garage across the roads Sherwoods (philips Trucks) was also haunted,i was there one night and and i could here what sounder like spanners being slid across the garage floor,doors used to bang shut and papers blew about in the reception with no draft etc.

my other experience was when i had a flat in the tower blocks on Norfolk park,it always felt strange,but one night when i had decided to move out i returned with my step sister her boy friend and my neighbough,we got chatting and for some strange reason we got chatting about it being haunted so my neighbou went to her flat and got some candles as the elec.was off and also made a ouija bord (Which i dont recomend to anybody) just about all that was left in the flat was the album cover i framed of meatloafs bat out of hell on the wall

we were setting up a home made weigie board when the glass on the frame shattered and fell to the floor,sister and neighbou,ran out screeming we closley followed.

the next day we returned by day light,the album cover was ripped and all over the room so was the remains of the weigie board and the candles we blew out were all bent and twisted.

DONT MESS WITH ouija BOARDS.

I worked for a Community Programme (Volserve) called Keep Sheffield Warm in '87-'88 and it was based at the old Carbrook School on Attercliffe Common. Basically, the majority of the inside of the building was exactly the same lay-out as the school had originally been.

One day while visiting the Ladies I heard the door open and heard as well as saw a pair of feet go past my toilet door towards the rest of the stalls and/or the sinks which were all against a wall under the windows (these windows face what is now the Freemans building). I came out of the loo, turned towards the sinks and realised that no-one else was actually in there with me. No-one was at the sinks, all the other stalls were empty and had their doors open and the feet had definately not gone back past me...

After taking a lot of stick for it I later found out that other things had been witnessed too but no-one would really say anything at the time for fear of being laughed at.

I used to work at the NGH in HR which used to be situated in the Clock Tower Building (the old workhouse) and part of my job was to change the Job Vacancy boards situated around the hospital.

This particular Friday I had been to the various places and changed the boards then set off back to the office which was located on the second floor of the building. The corridors were split up with swing doors and, approaching these doors I got hold of the handle and pulled.... nothing happened. I pulled again and felt the door kind of tug backwards, as though someone was holding the door shut. I waited and tried a third time and then heard a giggle from the other side so I was convinced someone from my office was having me on. The old lock had been drilled out at some point so, while holding the door handle, I bent down and looked through the lock and there was no-one there.

There was a meeting room at the far end of the corridor and, as I looked through the hole I noticed someone was just leaving and as they turned to walk towards me I tried my luck again and gave the door an almighty yank - needless to say it came flying open and made me look a right berk!

I decided after this that I wanted to check the history of the building and eventually found out that as well as a workhouse it had at some point in the past housed young unmarried mothers - whether it was just until they had given birth or as an "asylum" I am not sure but it was definately a young girls giggle I heard so this bit made sense. The bit that definately didn't make sense was when I realised that the other side of the door didn't actually have a door handle, just a push-plate so I don't know how anyone, ghostly or not, could have held the door closed.

Archived