Beaver Hill School '88

NasherX

Hi

I went to Beaver Hill when it first opened in 1955 and left in 1958. (a very long time ago now).I think Mrs Spencer was there from the start! Yes! she was quite scary..So were most of the teachers at that time. Can anyone remember Mr Price, Mr Jubb, Miss Hibberd, Mr Ensor ( Daddy) Docca Watson, Sam Bailey.(an expert with his cane!)

Yep, that Mark is one of my cousins lads. His brothers are Dean and Paul and they were off the Badger.

They are all a good bit younger than me and I dont really see much of em so I cant really give you any more info about Mark.

I think he must have been a 'bit of a lad' cos loads of people seem to know of him!!

I have other relatives that were at Beaver Hill about that time. Did you know or remember Lindy Adlington or Jaime Lister while at school?

Edited by aggo

Mr Hancock was definately the head all the time I was at Beaver Hill. I remember he had lost his arm and would come up to you and put his stump over your shoulder and ask questions..........he use to ask me to spell ' necessary ' and I usually got it wrong.

It may be that Mrs Spencer had our best interests at heart , especially when we ¡look back in fondness', but it sure did not feel like that at the time !!!!!

The leadership of the school, while I was there, was basically Mr Spooner - Headteacher, with Mr McCallum and Mrs Spencer as Deputy Heads. Mac used to 'sort out' the boys while old lass Spencer 'dealt with' the girls.

I remember getting the stick (cane) from Spooner for throwing a snowball at a prefect!!

When you came up from junior school, everybody was proper scared of either 'gettin thrown down the bank' or 'gettin your head pushed down the toilet' by the older kids.

The bike sheds were still there when I first started. You could smoke yer fags down there!

I still have my School report which is a booklet containing the end of year reports from the 1st year to 5th year (now called Year 7 to Year 11).