Strada has it opened in Leopold Square?

pippadoll

I recently visited a Strada restaurant elsewhere in the country. I was a little reluctant to try it, as it seemed a bit like a chain, but gave it a go anyway. The food was excellent. The salad and vegetables were very fresh; the food was well cooked and very tasty. The bread is clearly baked in a wood oven and certainly worth trying. The pizza looked great and I wish I'd been able to try it. My friends had the steak and they looked and tasted amazing. I had a risotto which was well cooked, with a lot of flavour.

I was so surprised by this experience I looked up the chain on the net. To my surprise it said a branch was opening on Leopold Square in Sheffield on 13th November. I don't recall seeing any signs up for this restaurant.

Was anyone at Leopold Square at the weekend? Did you see it open. Has anyone seen anything I have missed.

Anyway, if it does open, I would certainly recommend trying it out. We are not talking Michelin star here, just good, well priced tasty food.

I've been to a couple of Strada locations in London and the South East and have always found them to be excellent. I've always been a little hesitant to the chain eateries but ultimately if they can do a good job of what they do then I have no problem. A thumbs up from my experience :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wouldn't bother going here...

We booked a table for 25 about a month ago as we had friends coming from all over Europe. However, we found the service to be absolutely terrible. We waited over 2.5 hours for our food without any kind of explanation and in the end we walked out and bought takeaway instead!

that's shocking - we went there at the end of jan and it was fine. The only funny thing was that one person in our party ordered Linguini. When we were asked if everything was ok, he pointed out that he actually had spaghetti not linguini, but it tasted fine. The waitress then said it WAS linguini as it is supposed to be flat, to which my friend replied ' i know, this is round' the waitress then tried to tell us that the spaghetti is more round :loopy:

it was quite funny though - and my tuna steak was lurvely! i would go back

Archived