RIP Norman Bardwell

Dick

Norman and his wife used to get most of my school boy spending money in the mid 50's to the 60's either in the Rag and Tag or at their shop on Sellers Street. After that I got the chance to spend other peoples money there. Halcyon days.

RIP Norman

Oh dear this is most sad. That shop is a Sheffield institution ! I remember getting all my components for my 'O' Level Electronics projects from them. All the staff in there are always really friendly but as a schoolboy I was always careful to ask for preferred resistor values as I remembered seeing another student getting a ribbing having asked for a 47.443K resistor :hihi:

Shops like this need to be kept going and I would tell anyone on the list that if they ever need any electrical cable or plugs and sockets to go to Bardwells. Not only will they be cheaper than anywhere else in the city but the staff know what they are talking about and will give you help and advice.

Archived