Old mobile Discos

Andy the dj

just woundering what happened to some of the old mobile discos that were around in the 80s i knew most of them but lost tuch over the years,

i know Brian Cavell of Shaggy Dog disco now owns Cavells on high street (The old blue bell),Dave kilner of Sound and vision worked for Radio Hallam,but what about the likes of Alan price-Sunset Disco or Ricky Black,Steve white-Sleepless Knights roadshow(not the one on radio Sheffield)

No but i knew them,based around the wincobank area if i remember correctly,I ran the Electrik dreems roadshow,did a lot of work and residents in the hyde park,park hill and town pubs,plus private parties.

Still going running the Mad Dohg mobile Disco.

I recall 70's disco's - Joybringer Mobile Roadshow was a really good one; anyone else remember them?

Thats a name i remember, do you know the two chaps names who ran it? i think they worked at the carlton social club every wednesday evening. memory isnt what it used to be.

City Boys djs used to golden ball on campo lane

Don't know what happened to Richard Marshall or Pete Tindall, but Gary Sinclair is the guy on the mike at Sheffield United games and has a pub in Dronfield I believe

Oh yeah I started in 1979 suppose that makes me a 70s DJ too lol

my first residency was the Liberal Club High Green,that same year I also worked for Stevie Splash.. he went on to run clubs which sadly did not quite goto plan, he then worked for me for a short while in 1990, stevie as far as I know still runs a club in Bradford

mi dad used to have the sound and vision disco roadshow in the early 80's to 87ish i think.

was a resident dj at a few clubs in sheffield,handsworth wmc,foxhill club,darnall conny club, and i think it's called the talbot on duke street.

tony graham. still got a card somewhere.

:hihi:

I used to DJ at the Woodside Com centre in the mid 70's makes me really old, playing Millie, Discotex and the sexolettes, Stylistics and the list goes on, going on a few years to the 80s big T still does a disco from then at the Sheffield Arms on Upwell Street so i was recently told.

Archived