Club 60 Shalesmoor

darnalldavid

I remeber club 60, didn't it used to be in rthe cellars of an old pub.

Once went there with a mate of mine who was in the BMG (Banjo, Mandolin & Guitar) club which used to meet there regulary. Only went once, imagine 50 odd people all strumming away all at different talent levels.

• 2 years later...

RE club 60

I used this club quite a lot in the 60s. the lighting consisted of candels placed on the table(which was realy a beer barrel).They did not have a licence for alcohol(so you had to nip in the Ship inn for a quick one) the resident group was called Frankenstine & the Monsters. The lead singer(Frankenstine?) Was later known as Ray Stuart ,DJ at radio Hallam! Happy Days! Dave

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Yep the Club 60 was another Sheffield Icon of the 60's. We went there a few times & I think one of the things I remember most about it apart from the great music was the musty smell & the darkness. As was said previously the tables were beer barrels. Good club & always plenty of people in it.

Archived