Varsity and Cavendish (on West St)

slimsid2000

Both are ok I guess, bit studenty for me tho. There are better places on West st, Lava lounge is good and Bia Hoi is worth a go, especially on fri/sat nights. Although Ive heard Lava cant play live (DJ) music no more because of their licence which might hurt it as it was a good pre-club bar.

Even when I was a student here, after the first weeks they had lost the limited appeal they had, horrible places IMO, made no better by the fact that since the smoking ban they do actually have a strong smell of vomit! We were dragged in recently by some old friends from Uni...that was a night to forget, it made m think that if you could put all the things I don't like in one...this would be it, not to mention a rather unpleasant incident with a rather amourous gentleman at the bar, which was so brazen it was difficult to be offended by it. The requisite deep fried hangover breakfast/lunch at The Cavendish is not to be sniffed at!

Archived