Suggestions for a good restaurant in Sheffield.

katey_h23

Oriental buffet?! Come off it, those Chinese buffet place are okay for some grub when you're popping through town but come on- this is for a birthday, you want something a bit special. I agree with the person who mentioned Wasabi on London Road, classy place. Also, the new Thai restaurant next to Waitrose that used to be Barbarellas is excellent- the food and building are very impressive.

why not try La Mancha on west street the food is reasonably priced not buffey prices but u can tast the difference and tapas is great if you want to carry on drinking after a meal and the staff are friendly and the resturant is nice its also close to bars and clubs

Originally posted by designbunny

Thanks for your replies. Where is the 'Wig and Pen'? And how pricey is Antibos in West One?

Is there still a Mexican restaurant in West One?

Wig & Pen is on Campo Lane, behind the Cathedral. I love it there - the wine glasses are HUGE. :D

Antibo is no more expensive than most other Italians. Between £5 and £10 for a starter and mains are from about £10 upwards. The menu is a huge leather bound affair, but it's a little misleading as the choice isn't as big as you'd think. But its nice.

Las Iguana's is where you're thinking of. And it's still there. Not really my cup of tea, as I went when the place first opened and the service was REALLY slow. But I hear it's got better...

Thyme in Crosspool couldn't - and doesn't - hold a candle to West 10 in Ranmoor. My brother also rates Carriages near Nether Green (Oakbrook/Hagingwater junction).

You'd struggle to get 20 diners into West 10, so you'd best go when you fancy something that little bit spesh (you're talking about £80 - £100 for two if you do it the right way, ie, drink incredibly good wines (Cloudy Bay) or champagne (Veurve Cliquout)). The food is astounding.

I just don't believe the hype regarding Mr Smith's eatery. But, each to their own.

Originally posted by designbunny

Thanks for your replies. Where is the 'Wig and Pen'? And how pricey is Antibos in West One?

Is there still a Mexican restaurant in West One?

My twopenneth:

Wig and Pen - lovely, cosy atmosphere, never eaten there but have heard very good things

Antibos - overpriced (especially the drinks), bland food and poor service

Las Iguanas - good, fun restaurant/bar with great cocktails and decent food

Yes Butlers is spot on and the onion bargies are brill,I even was given a free bottle of beer when I last went in there.

My only negative comment is that it allowes smoking in all areas this can be slightly off putting when the place is full of smokers,but apart from that it's sound.

Archived