Suggestions for a good restaurant in Sheffield.

katey_h23

Italian - Cafe Buon Cibo in Broomhill

Indian - Ambar Ecclesall Rd

Sunday Lunch - Hammer and Pincers Ringinglow

French - Is there any?

Chinese - Not keen on all a that MSG

To be honest I'm really struggling to think of any worth mentioning as good restaurants, and Ive been to many over the years?

I think you need to travel a bit further away from Sheffield to get an interesting meal.

Thyme is superb, and may cater for 20 as a private party. It is on the more expensive side of things.

A friend on another forum had a v. bad experience (food poisoning) after eating at one of the all you can eat Chinese's and has contacted the env. health to check them out, so I'd not recommend going there just in case.

Cafe buon cibo is/was a bit of a microwave joint, and also v. small in size.

Thyme's the best in Sheffield, no question.

Though if you're after something cheap but tasty for a group outing, the Vietnamese Noodle Bar is really good.

Bit puzzled as to how Chinese/Indian buffets got a mention in a thread entitled "Best Restaurant in Sheffield" :confused:

Do you mean the No1 Oriental buffet Rom? Have been there, we were all ill!! We went as a group of 12 and not one of us felt ok the next day. The selection of food is ok but most of the dishes are based on noodles and their duck is very slimy. Possibly pre done and then warmed up.

As for the Indian (ChaChas) we haven't been yet but thinking about booking for a birthday on 20th this month.

Would completely agree with the comment about Froggies. We went for our team Christmas dinner and the food and service was amazing. I had French Onion Soup to start, Monkfish with tomato risotto for main and this chocolate stuff for desert. It was firm but smooth and came in a large slice, was gorgeous. The meal cost about £22 for all 3 courses. They also do a bring your own wine thing if you don't want theirs (and it is a little pricey) or beer if you don't like wine, and they will charge you £2 for every bottle of wine you take to cork it and for use of the glasses.

Would definitely go again. One of the best restaurants in Sheffield

Archived