Suggestions for a good restaurant in Sheffield.

katey_h23

Was totally underwhelmed by Thyme. Overpriced, poor service, waiters/waitresses with attitude.

My wife, who is a reasonably talented cook herself always uses the "could I have done it better/equally myself for the same/less money" measure? And in all cases the answer was yes.

Won't be going back - plenty of other places to try...

Originally posted by Litotes

Was totally underwhelmed by Thyme. Overpriced, poor service, waiters/waitresses with attitude.

My wife, who is a reasonably talented cook herself always uses the "could I have done it better/equally myself for the same/less money" measure? And in all cases the answer was yes.

Won't be going back - plenty of other places to try...

Has it changed ownership? It used to be Richard Smith at Thyme.. Richard Smith I presume being the chef? I went when it was still called RS@T and it was amazing! Expensive yes but big portions, fantastic food and wonderful, wonderful service. The most 'special' I've ever felt in a restaurant.

Originally posted by fnkysknky

As I look out of my window I can see Froggies Bistro on London Road, never been in but presume it's French lol

The chef is French.

The food is fantastic.

Originally posted by drp215

Has it changed ownership? It used to be Richard Smith at Thyme.. Richard Smith I presume being the chef? I went when it was still called RS@T and it was amazing! Expensive yes but big portions, fantastic food and wonderful, wonderful service. The most 'special' I've ever felt in a restaurant.

It's still Richard Smith. I agree, it's great. Lovely food (admittedly not too fancy, but quality ingredients done well), a nice atmosphere and good service.

If you like Italian food, enjoy good wine and a nice atmosphere you can't go wrong with Vito's on South Road, Walkley. It used to be my regular and Vito is a great host. They've featured in quite a few of the local papers/mags and alsways get a great write up. Not overly expensive either.

Maybe not suited for a birthday bash if it's likely to get loud though.

Originally posted by tas1

Cafe buon cibo is/was a bit of a microwave joint, and also v. small in size.

Small, yes. Microwave joint? Certainly not!

I love the cosy intimacy of Buon Cibo and the food is great. You can see right into the kitchen.

Their Dime Bar cheesecake is yummy!

Archived