Suggestions for a good restaurant in Sheffield.

katey_h23

thev'e gone bankrupt or something like that,

despite being more busy in the last few months than ever !

the building owner needs to sell up,and the buisines owner cant afford to buy it,so they'v been spending their profits,houses,cars,holidays,anything to hide the money !

i know someone whose worked there for over 25 years and who aint even getting the final weeks wages,

a developer has been trying to get permission to knock the whole thing down (bank house and everything) to build about 60 new luxury flats,4 storys high,the plans have just been turned down for the 3rd time,but .....

sorry if this has hijaked the original thread by the way !-)

JJ..

Yes, I heard Jaguar Constructin which is apparently owned or part owned by Rod Wadsworth(family of Estate Agents)already bought up bits of Old Ecclesfied, its a shame really, I have also heard he has bought the Old Council building opposite the traffic lights on the bottom of Saltbox Lane.......wonder what fate awaits that.

Originally posted by S5_Leg_end

The Golden Dragon at the bottom of The Moor is an excelent Chinese.

It used to be, the last time I went it was horrible, you only got one spoon of rice (the mean gits).

I would recommend Wasabisabi for a birthday party, japanese food is a bit different and it looks and tastes so good. The restaurant is very stylish too.

If money is no object, try:

The Old Vicarage at Ridgeway (my personal favourite), or

Fischers, a little bit further out at Baslow.

I believe these are the only Michelin starred restaurants in the area. Hassop Hall near Bakewell is also good if you're not looking for an intimate sort of place.

Archived