Absent forumers - the great 'what happened to' thread

......For some of us, maybe the current time will be come to viewed as the "golden days"?

Almost certainly!

I guess 'newcomers' don't have to read the thread though!

In fact there have been times I have commented on a thread 'inhabited' by 'newcomers' all having a laugh only to be ignored :(

Alienated, eh?

Almost certainly!

I guess 'newcomers' don't have to read the thread though!

In fact there have been times I have commented on a thread 'inhabited' by 'newcomers' all having a laugh only to be ignored :(

Alienated, eh?

I know, the Youth of Today, what can you do with them, eh? :P

StarSparkle

I still use the forum frequently but some of the users I found interesting just aren't around now. Though despite never meeting him I always look for Robbie Lovin's football posts. I miss the late-night random nonsense from Draggletail that we used to engage in.

The golden age of Sheffield Forum was about 2 years ago, some of the classic posters from then either aren't here anymore or seldom post.

I agree. And it WAS a Golden Age. It just isn't the same anymore. So many of the best posters have left that the quality of the debates simply isn't there now.

People don't seem to put the same thought or effort or time into their posts - and yes, I hold my hand up and admit I'm guilty of that. It doesn't seem worth the effort now.

I so miss all that intellectual sparring with quality debaters

StarSparkle

i miss myself...but time lazyness and more things going on mean i dont get on for random postings and involved in all the social gatherings etc.

anyways i dont know many people on here anymore as they have all fallen by the wayside at same time as me.

ahhhhh back in the day

i miss myself...but time lazyness and more things going on mean i dont get on for random postings and involved in all the social gatherings etc.

anyways i dont know many people on here anymore as they have all fallen by the wayside at same time as me.

ahhhhh back in the day

I miss your postings, hun. And I miss seeing your cute little avatar :)

StarSparkle :)

I know, the Youth of Today, what can you do with them, eh? :P

StarSparkle

*Hesitates to suggest the introduction of Forum ASBO'S* :D :D

Haaaaaa....I remember that. And the 'guess what's in my pocket' threads at 2am.

Were you there the night I was 'heavily influenced' by lager and ermm stimulants and caused much mirth with my 'crispies' thread? Agent ****? :hihi:

* Note to all - not claiming that to be quality posting on my part, or that the forum was better back then with that sort of post...

Might have been my funniest, though

ahhhhh back in the day

:wave:s frantically at MTheo. Not seen you in ages, hun, how are you? You've been missed!

Where are Sidla, Pretty_Woman, Mosherchick and Duffman? PW was quite scary actually, very bossy! Sidla was one of the first Mods in the early days iirc, used to think he was Homer Simpson cos he said D'oh a lot! :D

Boo!

(As a former mod I should know better than to pad my messages just to allow me to post them, but I really don't have much more to say.)