Firshill school

i was a pupil at firshill first at the infant school about 1954 right through to the eleven plus in 1960. please get in touch via this forum ,

i remember our form teacher being mr turner,headmaster mr wolstenholme,mr sims. do you have any memories?

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt go to Firshill school but used to go to the riding stables at the back of the school. Thats a very very long time ago, think it used to cost me a penny or even a halfpenny on the bus from near Firth Park library. I used to ride for half an hour, it was 3 shillings for half and hour 6 shillings and hour, my how times have changed!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Firs Hill Primary during those years. The photograph you referred to in last Saturday's Star showed, amongst many others, an image of a boy who always struck me as a brilliant footballer in the making. His name - he's on the front row - was Michael Parkin, and after leaving Firs Hill, Michael and I both went to Firth Park Grammar School. If anyone cares to look at the hoardings on the Moor directly opposite Poundland, they will see there a Firth Park Grammar School class photo which once again includes Michael Parkin. It was our first year at senior school, and we were both in the same form. I write about school life in my new memoir, Headlong into Pennilessness, which has just been serialised in The Star. Two questions: what happened to Michael Parkin? And if any of the reader of this post were my classmates, do get in touch.

Michael Glover

• 5 months later...
Iv heard keys jinggleing in both buildings its as though somebody wants you out of the building at a certian time or someones telling you there behind you are some were close did the caretaker with the dog have some keys and a cough:hihi:

did u live on passhouses rd wendy

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for replying dean... ive been in the dinner hall and felt someone push past me i turned to say sorry thinking it was a child..but no-one there.. i know the school was used as an orphanage (hence the road name) a long time ago and then it was used for injured soldiers... the top school (infants) seems to be worse for goings on...

The orphanage was at the top of orphanage rd on the left where the flats are now ,the school wasn't used has an orphanage.i went to firshill inf & jnrs .lived on roe lane till I was @20 yrs old .not sure about the school being haunted tho