Roundabout hostel

samishere

yes it's still running.

It started off on Regent St, in town, near the old Jessop Hospital and they had properties on Granville road that were like "halfway-houses"bedsits with a shared kitchen and living room, which had a "warden/support worker" living on site.

They got the property at St Barnabas in about 1984, I think.

In the very early eighties, I had some friends who were in their properties. I had a short time in the hostel when I was briefly homeless, in my teens.

yes it's still running.

It started off on Regent St, in town, near the old Jessop Hospital and they had properties on Granville road that were like "halfway-houses"bedsits with a shared kitchen and living room, which had a "warden/support worker" living on site.

They got the property at St Barnabas in about 1984, I think.

In the very early eighties, I had some friends who were in their properties. I had a short time in the hostel when I was briefly homeless, in my teens.

yeah i was in there in 86 and kept visiting for about a year..i know they had bedsits upstairs and last i heard was they had purchased the property next door.. so got loads and loads of bedsits now lol there was one worker called terry a big bloke and he was really nice i think he worked there from it first opening on st barnabas road...i used to see him every so often about town..

Roundabout is still going strong. Has new outdoor space at the

back of the hostel now for the clients to chill out in. They will

be celebrating 30 years of existence early next year and there

are various other support systems for the young homeless who

find their way to the Hostel. Yet they still, sadly, have to turn

youngsters away when they are full. If you have a "success"

story to tell, I am sure they, and the Trustees would be ever

so pleased to hear from you - and especially as they will be

celebrating 30 years of helping young people.

Roundabout is still going strong. Has new outdoor space at the

back of the hostel now for the clients to chill out in. They will

be celebrating 30 years of existence early next year and there

are various other support systems for the young homeless who

find their way to the Hostel. Yet they still, sadly, have to turn

youngsters away when they are full. If you have a "success"

story to tell, I am sure they, and the Trustees would be ever

so pleased to hear from you - and especially as they will be

celebrating 30 years of helping young people.

well you could call mine a success story well sort of.. i met my partner in there nearly 21 years ago and have 3 children together they all gave us 6 month's.. and when weve seen people from what used to go in and be in roundabout their faces are a picture when they see us together.. we seperated in april but still best of friends..and i know if there are any old staff around they sure would remember us.. all my memories of roundabout are good ones

Archived