Are You Female? Do You Want To Play In A Band?

Leebo84

Hi,

As the topic suggests, I'm currently seeking a female bassist to play in a new, talented bad with 4 others. Current line-up stands at two guitarists, drummer and singer.

We are looking for someone who isn't necessarily amazing on the bass, just stylish and cool. Enthusiasm is a must!

Thanks

firstly, white stripes: is meg white any cop on the drums?? absolutely not, but she brings balance and sex appeal to the band!! she brings pleasure to the normally mundane task of watching a white stripes video!

secondly, Ash: Charlotte is a damn sexy girl and personally I think that a lot of their post-1977 success was down to the introduction of her into the band. Granted, she is a damn fine guitarist, but the point is that she makes men want to watch!!!

Basically, as a band, we're bold enough to pick image over ability!!! Look at the Beatles - Ringo is a shocking drummer! Someone once asked Paul Mcartney if he thought Ringo was the best drummer in the world. He replied "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in the band". Proof that talent isn't a guarantee of success. And obviously image isn't either, but if we're lucky enough to get gigs in places such as Corporation, Boardwalk, etc.. in the future then we want as many reasons for people to come and watch as possible. Now if that involves sweaty-palmed teen boys then fair play!

Does that answer your speculation???

As a musicaian I would go for ability over style. I would want the best possible people around me rather than a bit of eye candy. I know some of the best female musicians in Sheffield and they would really object to the thought that they were in a band because of their sex rather than ability.

Ringo was a good drummer. He did exactly what he was told and kept it simple.

On a more helpful note try putting your request on http://www.l2sb.co.uk and http://www.soundalound.com. They are both sheffield music websites and have very active forums.

• 2 years later...

Archived