Thin Lizzy / Queensryche

40summat

Is now ThinLizzy / Diamond Head.

I must admit to being mightily cheesed off at Queensryche having to pull out of this tour.

However having downloaded Diamond Head's latest album 'What's in your head' i am very impressed.

some great riffs and vocals, i think this should be a cracking show.

Anyone else going to this one? are you dissapointed at the Queensryche no show?

WHAT????:confused::confused:

I am really glad I saw this post, as I was going JUST for Queensryche (never was a Lizzy fan). I'm really disappointed now as I was really looking forward to seeing them (first time since 1994 on 'The Warning' Tour, supporting Dio):(.

I did like Diamond Head back in the day, but wouldn't go just to see them like I was going to for Ryche. I am alone amongst Ryche fans in saying that 'Rage For Order' was their undeniable classic. It was so far ahead of it's time that 'Operation Mindcrime' paled for me after it, where so many raved about it. Controversial? I know. Damn and now they ain't coming!:(

Thanks for posting this!!:thumbsup:

The good news is they plan to do a full tour over here next year to make up for it, so keep an eye on their web site.

it's a shame they are not on this gig but i think the full tour will be better.

As for Lizzy, it's the 30th anniversary of 'live and dangerous' so this is the first time in 30 years since they have played it all, it should be a top night.

The announcement on the Queensryche website was that the cancellation was down to 'a personal emergency'.

I don't think that it's right to moan at the band if something beyond their control forced their cancellation.

That said, I think it was a dreadfully high price for the tickets anyway.

The announcement on the Queensryche website was that the cancellation was down to 'a personal emergency'.

I don't think that it's right to moan at the band if something beyond their control forced their cancellation.

That said, I think it was a dreadfully high price for the tickets anyway.

Nobody is moaning at the reason they cancelled, just the fact that they are having to pull out of the gig, it says on the web site they are dissapointed too.

£24 for tickets to see two headline bands isn't bad.

The cost of touring must be massive, and those costs are 'beyond their control'

The good news is they plan to do a full tour over here next year to make up for it, so keep an eye on their web site.

it's a shame they are not on this gig but i think the full tour will be better.

Ah, that's good news then. I'd rather see a full 'Ryche set than a reduced one. Thats definitely something to look forward to. Thanks again '40summat'.:thumbsup:

I dont want to sound overly negative - but isnt there a slight glaring omission with the "Thin Lizzy" doing the rounds? If ever there was an example of the cynical touring of a "brand name" rather than band - its this version of "Thin Lizzy"...

I dont want to sound overly negative - but isnt there a slight glaring omission with the "Thin Lizzy" doing the rounds? If ever there was an example of the cynical touring of a "brand name" rather than band - its this version of "Thin Lizzy"...

Not a Lizzy fan, never was. I'll let the other take this one so I don't say anything too outta line:P

Did Queensryche do a song called 'Silent Lucidity'??

Yes, they did Mike. It was from their 1990 'Empire' album. It was also their big US hit which made #9 over there (album #7) and finally broke the band wide open in the US (after we'd been into em for years over in the 'rest of the world').:cool:

Archived