Thin Lizzy / Queensryche

40summat

Who is the singer for Lizzy?

John Sykes is singing for Lizzy.

The Queensryche cancellation was anounced on 7 November. I had tickets for two shows and was only going for Queensryche. As it was a double headliner the show has become nothing like originally advertised and so I believed that we were due a refund and kept on at the venues from day one. It's the promoter's show though and they had to give the go ahead for refunds, while in the background Queensryche were planning the June 08 tour and the promoter was holding out. Finally, we got confirmation from the promoter that we could have a refund or we could exchange for the new shows. I've had a refund from Sheffield and exchanged the Nottingham tickets for the one of the new shows.

If anyone doesn't yet know, you can get a refund and should receive a letter from the City Hall offering you this. I'm surprised that people turned up without knowing, the venue should contacted beforehand.

How do you know that QR will be playing Mindcrime I & II back to back? I've not seen that news officially posted anywhere.

Argh, no, don't let it be true..... NO 'Rage For Order' songs???:confused::confused:

Nooooooooooooooo:cry::shakes::sad::sad:

Even if it is a Mindcrime set...they do an encore and 'Walk In The Shadows' is in there, they did that when I saw them at Manchester last year and that's what we got on the "Mindcrime At The Moore" DVD as well.

I'd prefer a "best of" set, the last 2 tours have been about Mindcrime, I'm kinda getting :gag: although I recognise with only one date last year and the Monsters Of Rock fest, not that many people witnessed Mindcrime I & II back to back.

If I hear it is definitely Mindcrime I and II, I will stay away. That might seem a little narrow, but a 'Ryche concert without what is for me THE BEST Heavy Metal song of all time 'Queeen of the Reich' (a bold statement but I defend it to the death, lol), not to mention 'The Lady Wore Black' and some songs from 'The Warning' and of course the aforementioned 'Rage...' album is not worth the travellin (perhaps). OK I know they can't please everyone, but naturally I expect them to please ME (said, 'tongue in cheek':D).

If they were playing Sheffield I would have gone anyway, but not worth travelling for a 2 CD set of songs I am not as crazy about (although I do own 'Mindcrime I' CD and it's pretty good, it just doesn't touch 'Rage...' :shakes:IMO).

I've not heard them play "Queen Of The Reich" for years, I doubt whether Tate can hit the lofty notes of yore. They did dig out "Screaming In Digital" in 2004, which was a surprise and wicked to hear. I think "NM156" made an appearence as well.

I'm not crazy about hearing Mindcrime again, the last time that I saw them do a non-Mindcrime show was in 2000. O:MCII is only 18months old and there are no doubt a lot of people that want to see Mindcrime back to back...not you or me though:hihi:

Wow, I can't believe they wouldn't play 'Queen of the Reich':(, such a shame that Tate can't hit those amazing notes anymore. When I first heard that song in '83, it redefined the genre for me. They were compared to Priest but I was never a Priest fan. Could see why, but this was different league stuff (no disrespect to Priest I have one of their CD's too). I guess they took elements of what Priest did and raised it to another place entirely.:idea:

The Ryche website says "UK gets Mindcrime in its entirety". Not the best I guess as there are so many other songs that I really want to hear, and OMC II is a little crap, but I guess I don't really care. Theyll play a couple of others in the encore at the end

Its 3/4 Whitesnake 1 original Thin Lizzy member.....

Not strictly true. Since the original Lizzy line-up was Lynott/Downey/Bell there are now NO original members. Scott Gorham was however a member of the 'classic' line-up and for many years afterwards, and John Sykes was with them for their final studio and live albums and tour.

Sykes dedicates every gig to the memory of Phil Lynott and claims he plays this material to keep the memory of Lynott alive. Since Downey dropped out of the line-up a few years ago (not the first time he had done this), Tommy Aldridge makes a more than adequate substitute. Sykes also carries off the vocal surprisingly well.

All this in no way makes up for the absence of Queensryche though!

Archived