Weird sleeping / anti sleeping thingymajig

I have a weird thing taught to me by a friend. In your head try to think of a breed of dog alphabetically. So....Alsation, Beagle.....etc. I don't know much about dogs and I fall asleep every time in minutes. Get really stuck on some letters and then ....bump it's morning!

every sunday night I have awful trouble sleeping, my brain is already bracing itself for the working week. last night yet again i could not switch off so took my tablets again, and yet again, feel rough. i hate mondays! it infuriates me as i feel tired and i'm always first to go to bed...then i have to watch my boyf get into bed and fall asleep at the drop of a hat, whilst i'm left tossing and turning!

most other nights of the week i'm fine, well, better anyway i read a book for a bit which switcxhes off my brain from all the tv-watching, internet and/or gameplaying. last night though i kept thinking about Viva Pinata!

its worse when your up half the night knowing you have to be up like borough gal said. oh the pressure!!

i have the same problem Fabulous Girl- last night for example I got in from being down at my mates (no booze) at half ten and went straight to bed. I didnt get to sleep until 3am ish so I felt really knackered this morning. Its as if I have too much sleep on the weekend so my body just will not relax on a sunday night. Sort of a combination of feeling hot and always having to move around in bed and things going round in my head. Other nights of the week I sleep like a baby!

Ive tried everything- making the room colder/ warmer, having lavendar spray on the sheets, etc etc but its the same every sunday!

any suggestions on what causes this would be interesting/ helpful! :) rosie

too much sleep- maybe, but i feel as if i need the lie-in on a saturday and sunday morning. i dont want to get up at 8! i need a new mattress too, every sunday night i lie there feeling every single spring in my back. i've got a long week ahead, going to the gym more, then driving down to kent on friday and back on sunday so hopefully i'll sleep like a baby next sun night!

too much sleep- maybe, but i feel as if i need the lie-in on a saturday and sunday morning. i dont want to get up at 8! i need a new mattress too, every sunday night i lie there feeling every single spring in my back. i've got a long week ahead, going to the gym more, then driving down to kent on friday and back on sunday so hopefully i'll sleep like a baby next sun night!

yeh I always lie in till ten ish on saturday and sunday- I wont compromise on that!

I think ill try cutting out eating after 7 pm that might work cos I am guilty of stuffing my face a bit too much on a Sunday evening :rolleyes: I think its just the general stress of the thought of the week ahead that keeps me awake.

I think its just the general stress of the thought of the week ahead that keeps me awake.

That's what I was wondering - whether you two dislike your jobs? It sounds like you have the adult version of that feeling of dread I used to get on a Sunday afternoon, knowing that I had to go to school in the morning...

That's what I was wondering - whether you two dislike your jobs? It sounds like you have the adult version of that feeling of dread I used to get on a Sunday afternoon, knowing that I had to go to school in the morning...

i dont dislike mine, i've only been in the role a few weeks, its just i want to be the best i can at it and so i end up thinking about what i have to do the following day/week, and it keeps me awake! i try and leave work at work but i cant help but start thinking about the next morning. i should also have got my bag packed the night before as i ended up thinking "must remember gym stuff, must remember to post this..."

right, lunch time is well and truly over, i better get back to my wondrous job!

I think everyone who likes sleep a little too much dreads the monday wake up.

Does it make me an adult if I trained myself to get up at 8 everyday? that way I don't have the messy sunday night insomnia and can still sleep for ageeees if I want to. Sunday night TV is crap anyway, I nod off while channel surfing around Scrapheap Challenge time.

I sound like such an old man don't I! I'm really not, honest :help:

Archived