Anyone seeing Frank Skinner on Thursday at City Hall?

CockneyMafia

For how long have they been letting southerners into the City Hall? :huh:;)

Not going myself, but having recently been reading his autobiography, he does come across as a naturally funny bloke who deserves all the success he's had. Sadly, when comedians start playing bigger venues and charging £30-odd a ticket, that's when they tend to loose touch with what made them funny in the first place.

For how long have they been letting southerners into the City Hall? :huh:;)

Not going myself, but having recently been reading his autobiography, he does come across as a naturally funny bloke who deserves all the success he's had. Sadly, when comedians start playing bigger venues and charging £30-odd a ticket, that's when they tend to loose touch with what made them funny in the first place.

I did live in Sheffield for 12 years!

I saw him play at the City Hall on his last tour in 1997. Unlike bands or music artists, I think comedians can still sell out big venues and remain loyal to their roots or principles.

I think he's had more sex than me!

There was a couple sat in front of me (you know who you are!), and at every detailed description made by Frank she would LOL and nudge her partner in a knowing sort of way. It was very offputting.

I think the O-O-O-Osama Bin Laden should be released as a single. Xmas number 1?

Archived