Duke of Darnall and Charlie Peace

yeah charles was my great great great? grandad too.......im related to the bolsovers

id be interested in seeing some of this stuff youve amassed if at all possible??

Well that explains a lot Mel:hihi::hihi:

I'd be interested in hearing about your notorious past too as I'm into genealogy and local history as you know.:)

Edited by Rivelin6

Well that explains a lot Mel:hihi::hihi:

I'd be interested in hearing about your notorious past too as I'm into genealogy and local hitory as you know.:)

well my notorious past normally involved alcohol, other substances, music and various punks, metallers and hippies Oo

Yes, that article was written by a relative of mine..Rhys Whatmore.Arthur Dyson was a distant relative of ours.Rhys received contact from Charlie Peace's great grandaughter quite recently.

Sadly Rhys died a couple of months ago.

Taxman and I were up at Ecclesall parish church taking photos of some graves for a lady in Australia today. We saw a number of Dyson graves up there and if I'd read the blog earlier I would have took more notice and a few pictures.:)

Taxman and I were up at Ecclesall parish church taking photos of some graves for a lady in Australia today. We saw a number of Dyson graves up there and if I'd read the blog earlier I would have took more notice and a few pictures.:)

Once I get all the papers relating to this and lots of other bits of Sheffield history, I'll probably put bits up on Sf if I think they're of interest.

So did mine...Murders were bound to happen :hihi::suspect:

When I get the papers into my posession I'll see if there's owt of interest to you.

ta (seems we're intertwined in more than just families :P)

i really need to get mi dad to send me the family tree, it was him that first discovered the charlie peace connection, ive only just started doing bits and pieces back from charlie........only half heartedly tbh, but then theres no point if mi dads already done it

Edited by melthebell

• 1 month later...
Hi Melthebel

Which one of the ten kids of Jane Anne do you descend from? Mine was Elsie May, she married Fred Wright and had 3 sons, Donald Ferguson (my Father) and Colin and Eric who was killed in the war (2nd!)

errrrrrrrm tbh ive no idea, i havent got that far, love to tho, my dad first found out the charlie peace connection i should ask him for the info