The 1970s any ideas?

muffingal

My daughter has to do a school project on the 70,s *(shes only 10) she has to cover

music

tv

films

transport

fashion and any other bits and bobs anyone can think of.

If anyone has any memories of any of the above that she can use please could you post a reply. Thanx

Fashionwise everyone just had to have wide flares.

Music. To name but a few:

Status Quo rocking through the decade, Abba winning Eurovision, Roxy Music, Mud, Queen, David Essex, Slade, Sweet, Smokie, Elton John, John Lennon, Wings, Rolling Stones. At the end of the decade, Punk. Johnny Rotten and the Sex Pistols. I don't know much about punk.

One film I did see (forgotten title), the first James Bond with Roger Moore - You Only Live Twice?.

1973 we had a 3 day week because of oil problems.

1976 we had a long spell of dry weather with numerous hose pipe bans.

Films:- Olivia Newton John, John Travolta in Grease? Star Wars.

Think we joined the common market in 1973.

My daughter has to do a school project on the 70,s *(shes only 10) she has to cover

music

tv

films

transport

fashion and any other bits and bobs anyone can think of.

If anyone has any memories of any of the above that she can use please could you post a reply. Thanx

Fashion - flared trousers and platform heels ?

Sheffiels City Libraries have a copy of a book called "Sheffield in the Seventies" by Peter Goodman (I think). It is full of photo's of transport and fashion of the day. There will probably be lots of other Sheffield books with similar items in.

Sheffiels City Libraries have a copy of a book called "Sheffield in the Seventies" by Peter Goodman (I think). It is full of photo's of transport and fashion of the day. There will probably be lots of other Sheffield books with similar items in.

there is a photo of me in that book them years were great :banana::clap::headbang:

Archived