St.Nicholas Church Bradfield

michael.arch

Does anyone have any Baptism & Marriage records for this Church.

I am trying to trace the Wife of George Thompson born about 1786 in Bradfield. He was a widower Farmer living with his son William Thompson on the 1841 Census.

I would also like to trace Mary Richards also born in Bradfield in 1813. She was the Farm Servant & had two children by the Farmer's son William (whom she later married).

Any help or guidance would be most appreciated.

Make enquiries at the Church of the Latter Day Saints Family History at Ecclesfield & Malcolm Nunn at the Bradfield Archives at the Bradfield Council Offices they are in the telephone book.

I'm sure they will have copies, if not, they will advise you.

I hope this helps you, good luck.

Happy Days!

Hi Michael,

I did the family history for a friend of mine recently who married into the Thompson family from Bradfield & I also have some death records for Bradfield. I will look them up for you.

I visited the church there recently and was allowed to look at the transcript of the graves so that's another possibility.

I would be most interested in your friends connection to the Thompsons.

I am doing this research for my cousin Paul Thompson who now lives in Morecambe & is unable to come to Sheffield very often.

The Thompson family had moved from Bradfield to Grange Farm, Carter Knowle,Ecclesall by the 1861 Census. William Thompson having married Sarah Richards in 1859.

My cousin is related to their son Henry Richards born in Bradfield in 1843. He became Henry Thompson some time later.

I will give you my e-mail address & if you require any copy of Birth or Marriage Certificates that would help your friend I would be more than happy to send them.

I already have the disc for St.Nicholas churchyard burials from 1813-1899.

It's the Baptism & Marriage records that I need to help me to identify George's wife.

my e-mail michael.archer-@tiscali.co.uk

Many thanks

Michael

Archived