The Ivory, Regent Terrace

Tine.S.

The restaurant The Ivory, off West Street, was reviewed in the Sheffield Telegraph today. Not tickled by Ivory

The journalist writes:

"The Ivory, in Regent Terrace, off West Street, has always sounded like the perfect venue, but the reality has never quite matched up to the billing."

"For a city centre bar, it's got great character, but foodies with great expectations are in for the Dickens of a disappointment."

Has anyone else been there? Is it correct that this a bit of "disappointment"?

Mixed feelings. We have been three times. The majority of the meals were good, well cooked and tasty. A couple were a complete miss. I think I reviewed it at the time. Overall we were quite pleased. The environment was good and it is a nice dining area.

The food was not overly expensive and it is certainly somewhere I would return to.

Ivory is great for cocktails. I've been in at weekends and enjoyed the busy atmosphere in the main bar. However one night i went in with a friend and the area, that i assumed was part of the restaurant, was open to drinkers. Quite liked the atmosphere in there. Not too bright and not too loud. In fact I've never known the Ivory to be too loud!

You cant listen to the reviews from the paper all the time as people vote with the numbers that pass through the door, we all have read the review from Lesley and she was right and wrong on certain things which have been adressed. One thing is fact we are open 6 days from Tuesday - Sunday with a great sunday lunch, We do offer great food in the form of classics but highly recommend the sharing platters (3/4 per person) we are looking for more people to play our baby piano from 5pm daily so if you know anyone give us a shout. Great food and all our team stand behind that statement and we are working on providing more live music regular, give us a call on 0114 2760888

Archived