Sheaf view at heeley

daftlad

How often do they change the beers there.

I have been going in for a few visits lately and they always seem to have new beers on. I always try the new ones too. Last weekend there was one called Otters bum

Don't think I've ever found that to be the case in the Sheaf.

In fact, I remember going a while after the smoking ban, and remarking on how clean and fresh it seemed.

I'm a pretty big fan of the place, so I look forward to going back soon to double check.

I think the tangible smell in there may be due to the very fact that they have so many guest beers (most of which are strictly cask) to take care of. Keeping cask ales can be messy and a bit smelly if any gets on the floor, which it invariably does. It's nigh impossible to avoid. I have worked places with just 3 cask ales on and still, the smell. Even with the best will in the world... :)

In fact, I remember going a while after the smoking ban, and remarking on how clean and fresh it seemed.

To be fair, even before the ban the smokers were segregated away from the non-smokers (they still moaned though of course)

Archived